Online retirement card & gift collection
Celebrating a coworker's retirement when you're not all together shouldn't be a hassle. With Thankbox you can do it all online & collect for their gift too!
Get started in 1 minute. Pay only when you're ready to send.
Creating and adding messages to your Thankbox is free.
A classic Thankbox costs just $5.99 to send or schedule.
The easier way to celebrate someone
Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you can’t make someone feel special.
Thankbox is perfect for any occasion where lots of lovely people want to celebrate one lucky person.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have more on our support
page, so check that too if you can't find your answer here.
Is an online retirement collection included with a Thankbox?
An online collection pot is a standard feature of every Thankbox.
The organiser decides (with one click) whether to include a one when they create the Thankbox.
No need to have your card and collection in separate place - with Thankbox it's all in one!
What to write in a retirement card?
Best wishes in a traditional paper retirement card are short due to limited space.
A Thankbox online retirement card has no limits on the number of messages. Contributors too have unlimited words to express their best wishes. How you express yourself is enhanced with the ability to add a photo, GIF or video to a message.
This can be a challenge in knowing what to write or those who believe there is some sort of online card etiquette. The great news is there are no customs or norms with an online, or virtual, card. The retirement card will be a lifelong keepsake and permanent reminder of someone’s final stint at work. So make it personal and memorable.
Here are a few practical tips on what makes a great message to mark someone’s environment.
- Be personal. Recall special moments or achievements during your time working together. Even better if you have a photo or video that captures the moment.
- Humour works. We all like to laugh, so riffing on stereotypes is popular. Golf and gardening are great targets - especially if the retiree is a golfer or gardener!
- Envy always works with retirement cards - wouldn’t you rather be in their situation?
- GIFs are fabulous for distilling a thought, character or memory. Here is our curated list of those most appropriate and popular.
- Don’t worry about space. You have as many words as you want to express your appreciation and fond memories of your time spent working together. A Thankbox is great at accommodating every style and need. Our public Thankbox celebrating David Attenborough’s birthday highlights this.
Remember the purpose of your Thankbox retirement card is to give someone a send-off they will cherish forever. It is a collection of everyone’s personal memories and far richer than a paper card of repetitive statements. It has to be heartfelt and genuine.
What are the benefits of an online retirement card vs a traditional card?
A retirement is a once in a lifetime event. To mark the occasion demands a card and collection that includes everyone.
A paper card passed around the office fails on many counts. It’s very time consuming to organise. It excludes a lot of people who don’t work at the same site (or in the same country or continent). And it’s pretty one dimensional - you can write and, if you’re good at micro-art, draw something. It is very limited. It is also expensive if many different teams or departments do their own thing.
Here’s a mental exercise. Imagine the head of the British Antarctic Survey is retiring. How easy would it be to organise a traditional retirement card and collection and get the team in the Antarctic to contribute? Tricky one right.
Online cards are a way of marking a retirement so everyone can contribute. The benefits of an online (this includes digital, virtual and ecards) retirement card are savings in time, money and hassle.
- Time saving - it takes seconds to create a retirement Thankbox and invite people to add messages. and contribute to the retirement collection. A tiny fraction of the time to organise, compared with paper, pen and ink.
- For contributors, too, it’s very efficient - they can write their message and add to the collection in one site visit.
- Inclusion - everyone, anywhere in the world can contribute to an online retirement card. Anyone with an internet connection - even if they’re on an ice shelf at the bottom of the world.
- No limits at all - there is no limit to the number of contributors or the length of their messages. No cramming tiny writing into what’s left of the space in a card.
- Creativity - including photos, GIFs and videos, different fonts and emojis add real colour and sentiment.
- Changed your mind? No problem - edit your message, or add to your contribution right up to the point of sending.
- A forever memento - the retirement Thankbox will always be a click away for the recipient to view. No rummaging around in boxes trying to retrieve a paper retirement card.
- Great value for money - one payment opens up a world of possibilities and creativity. No sending fees, no extra costs.
- A collection is standard with a Thankbox. It’s worth noting that not all online retirement card providers can provide a collection
- Good for the environment - a Thankbox is good for the planet. No emissions. 100% renewable electricity. No offices, no delivery or commute miles. No paper means no wasted energy, water, or chemical disposal. We also plant a tree for every 10 Thankboxes sold 🌲.
Plenty of upside for everyone! Organisers, contributors and recipients all benefit with a Thankbox online retirement card. A traditional paper card still has a role to play and is ideal for 1:1, intimate and personal greetings.
How easy is it to customise and manage my Thankbox?
Thankbox is designed from a customer viewpoint. So making changes, upgrading and managing a Thankbox is super easy - anytime right up to the point of sending.
From your dashboard as the organiser you can:
- Customise your Thankbox - backgrounds, titles, icons. Upgrading to Premium allows more customisation. Video in messages; raised collection pot ceiling; handcrafted backgrounds and a host of user uploaded customisations.
- Change the Thankbox send date.
- Decide who sees the collection pot amount.
- Create reminders. To either set up a Thankbox and for specific annual events.
- See what all those fab messages look like as the recipient.
- Copy and share the Thankbox sharing link.
Contributors to a Thankbox can:
- Change their message
- Change any GIF, photo or video (if Premium)
- Change their choice of font
- Add to collection contributions
And throughout the life of a Thankbox everyone is kept informed of progress all along.
Is my Thankbox secure and private?
Only people with the sharing link can access a Thankbox and only to leave a message. Thankbox links are not visible to search engines.
Thankbox servers and software are secure and compliant with best practice security protocols. Online payment systems are compliant with regulatory standards.
Thankbox never shares any customer data collected with any external organisation. We've partnered with the best payment processing service to ensure maximum security of payment card details
Try it now
Create your Thankbox in just a minute - no need to register. Pay only once you're ready to send it.