Online teacher thank you card & gift collection
Getting all parents to sign a paper card and collect for a gift is a hassle. With Thankbox you do it all online, so it’s easy, fun and everyone’s invited.
Get started in 1 minute. Pay only when you're ready to send.
Creating and adding messages to your Thankbox is free.
A classic Thankbox costs just $5.99 to send or schedule.
The easier way to celebrate someone
Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you can’t make someone feel special.
Thankbox is perfect for any occasion where lots of lovely people want to celebrate one lucky person.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have more on our support
page, so check that too if you can't find your answer here.
How do I organise a virtual teacher ‘thank you’ card?
Teachers are an inspiration. Their hard work and investment in a child’s life is priceless and can last a lifetime.
No wonder parents and kids want to show their appreciation of those special teachers. The end of term, or school year, is a busy time. It’s a real pain to organise a teacher thank you card from the whole class. Even more difficult to organise a teacher appreciation gift at the same time.
Not with a Thankbox virtual teacher appreciation card. Being online it is extremely easy to create and invite everyone to contribute. It takes seconds and then anyone, anywhere who is connected to the internet connection can immediately contribute to the Thankbox. No passing a card around.
Follow these simple steps for the ultimate teacher thank you:
- Create. Get started with one click
- Add the recipients details and give the card a title e.g. “You’re amazing. Thank you!!”. Say which class or year group it’s from and decide to pay now or later.
- Choose whether to include a collection for a gift at this point - you can also choose to pay for your Thankbox teacher card from the gift collection pot.
- Share. Email the unique link to all parents, support staff and those you want to contribute.
- Customise. While everyone is adding their message, as the organiser you can change the background, icon, or edit the details.
- Send. When everyone has added their personal message, check the recipient’s email address and send. Send your Thankbox immediately or schedule for the end of term.
That’s it. A few easy steps for everyone to show their true appreciation of a special person.
What to write in your teacher appreciation card?
Reaching the end of term is a big deal. It gives parents and kids a break and time to reflect on what’s been learned - in the classroom, as a class and as individuals. It gives teachers time to plan next term and areas of focus for every child.
A traditional paper card just doesn’t let the class and staff show their real feelings and appreciation. A simple ‘thank you’ doesn’t cut it.
However, an online card, like a Thankbox, gives everyone unlimited space and options for signing. It can be a challenge to know how to use all that freedom and know what to write that is worthy of the teacher. Plus, a Thankbox is forever, so what you write will always be a single click away.
Fear not. Here are some broad tips on writing your message and what to include:
- Be yourself. A Thankbox lets everyone say what they want and how they want. It allows for real personal expression so don’t hold back. Break free from ‘thank you’ and share real love and warmth. Recall school events, memories and personal achievements.
- Be funny. Teachers love a laugh as much as anyone. And kids are the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to funny memories. There are bound to be some events and incidents from the school year that can be immortalised forever and remind everyone of those fun times. Moments to be cherished forever.
- No rights or wrongs. Rest assured, there are no do’s and don’ts for an online card compared to a paper one. The normal rules of life apply though - be conscious that the whole class is signing so best avoid anything controversial or embarassing!.
- Add warmth. A warm, welcoming and love filled message is always a winner. Reinforce why the teacher has made such a positive difference to a young life. Make full use of video, images or GIFs for real character.
- Don’t panic. Pen and ink is a one-time action. With a Thankbox, contributors can edit, add and amend their message right up to the second before sending.
Get more ideas and inspiration
for what to write in your teacher appreciation card. And remember, whatever you say will be a hit. Memories are made and kept forever with a Thankbox.
Can I organise a collection for a teacher appreciation gift?
Every Thankbox has a gift collection included as standard.
A ‘thank you’ card for a teacher without a gift collection is plain wrong. It makes no sense to go to one place for the card and elsewhere for the collection.
- When you create your Thankbox all you do is click the ‘Add a gift card collection’ button and you’re all set.
- Decide too if you want to pay for the Thankbox from the collection pot.
- Everyone invited to leave a message can add to the collection pot at the same time. Saves everyone time and hassle.
- Not all online group card services provide a collection service.
- The majority of online cash collection services don't include a group or virtual greeting card.
How easy is it to customise and manage my Thankbox?
Thankbox is designed from a customer viewpoint. So making changes, upgrading and managing a Thankbox is super easy - anytime right up to the point of sending.
From your dashboard as the organiser you can:
- Customise your Thankbox - backgrounds, titles, icons. Upgrading to Premium allows more customisation. Video in messages; raised collection pot ceiling; handcrafted backgrounds and a host of user uploaded customisations.
- Change the Thankbox send date.
- Decide who sees the collection pot amount.
- Create reminders. To either set up a Thankbox and for specific annual events.
- See what all those fab messages look like as the recipient.
- Copy and share the Thankbox sharing link.
Contributors to a Thankbox can:
- Change their message
- Change any GIF, photo or video (if Premium)
- Change their choice of font
- Add to collection contributions
And throughout the life of a Thankbox everyone is kept informed of progress all along.
What are the advantages of an online card compared to a traditional paper one?
Traditional cards are great on a one-to-one level. Anything more than that and they run into big limitations.
When a group - work team, friendship group, extended family, social clubs, church, voluntary group - wants to share best wishes, congratulations or any personal message a Thankbox is the best option.
Online, or virtual, cards are:
- Inclusive - everyone, anywhere in the world can add a message. An internet connection is all that's required. With nobody excluded, the card is so much more meaningful and valued.
- Efficient - click, create, share, customise, send. It takes seconds to invite people to add messages and contribute to the collection. A virtual card saves a huge amount of time and hassle.
- Unrestricted. No limit on contributions - there is no limit to the number of contributors or the length of their messages. No cramming tiny writing into what’s left of the space in a card. The Sir David Attenborough birthday public Thankbox is a great example. Thousands of people signed and shared their love and appreciation.
- Fun. A Thankbox features photos, GIFs and videos, different fonts and emojis. There is no restriction on anyone’s creativity. All guaranteed to make anyone feel brighter.
- Flexible. Messages can be edited, and collection pot contributions added to right up to the last second before sending.
- Forever. The unique Thankbox link is always live. An option to download as a PDF is available.
- Great value. One payment opens up a world of possibilities and creativity for online group cards. No sending fees, no extra costs. And with a Thankbox a collection pot comes as standard so no added organisation or duplication of effort.
- Share the cost. A Thankbox can be paid for from the gift collection amount if one is enabled. Fair to share.
- Environmentally friendly. A Thankbox is good for the planet. No emissions. 100% renewable electricity. No offices, no delivery or commute miles. No paper means no wasted energy, water, or chemical disposal. We also plant a tree for every 10 Thankboxes sold 🌲.
Only a Thankbox allows everyone, anywhere in the world to send personal messages, add to a collection and all without limits.
Is my Thankbox secure and private?
Only people with the sharing link can access a Thankbox and only to leave a message. Thankbox links are not visible to search engines.
Thankbox servers and software are secure and compliant with best practice security protocols. Online payment systems are compliant with regulatory standards.
Thankbox never shares any customer data collected with any external organisation. We've partnered with the best payment processing service to ensure maximum security of payment card details
Try it now
Create your Thankbox in just a minute - no need to register. Pay only once you're ready to send it.