Online graduation card & gift collection
Passing a graduation card around for everyone to sign is a hassle. With Thankbox you can do it all online, wherever in the world you are.
Get started in 1 minute. Pay only when you're ready to send.
Creating and adding messages to your Thankbox is free.
A classic Thankbox costs just $5.99 to send or schedule.
The easier way to celebrate someone
Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you can’t make someone feel special.
Thankbox is perfect for any occasion where lots of lovely people want to celebrate one lucky person.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have more on our support
page, so check that too if you can't find your answer here.
How do I organise an online graduation card and gift collection?
An online, or virtual card is a very easy and simple way to let anyone, anywhere celebrate their graduation.
A Thankbox card and gift collection is the easiest way to invite everyone to contribute messages and cash to the collection pot.
Follow these simple steps for your unique graduation celebration card:
- Create. One click is all it takes to get started.
- Add the details of the student the card is for and a title e.g. “A first class degree for a first class person!”. Say who it’s from and decide to pay now or later.
- Choose whether to include a collection for a celebration gift at this point - you can also elect to pay for your Thankbox from the gift collection amount.
- Share. Email (or share via message apps) the unique Thankbox link to all those you want to contribute.
- Customise. While everyone is adding their message, as the organiser you can change the background, icon, or edit the details.
- Send. When everyone has added their message, check the young person’s email address and send - immediately or schedule for a specific date.
That’s it. A few easy steps for everyone, anywhere in the world to be part of their special day.
What to write in your virtual graduation card?
When everyone is not all in the same place a traditional paper card isn’t fit for purpose for friends, family and colleagues to celebrate their graduation.
- It is impractical - not everyone can sign, they may be anywhere in the world.
- It is restrictive - there’s not a lot of space on a paper card to express yourself.
An online, or virtual, card like a Thankbox has unlimited space and options. This is a major advantage, though it can also present a challenge for many to know how to use all that creative freedom and what to write. And, given a Thankbox is forever, what you write will always be a single click away for everyone to view. At all times. No pressure then!!
If you’re new to online cards or in need of a little guidance, here are some essential tips on how to write personal and heartfelt messages of celebration:
- No rights or wrongs. Rest assured, there are no do’s and don’ts for an online card compared to a paper one. The normal rules of life apply though - be conscious of who else is signing so best avoid anything controversial and keep to the subject! Recalling raucous student days when Gran is reading may not be the best idea! Remember, it’s a celebration so celebrate the achievement.
- Be yourself. A Thankbox lets everyone say what they want and how they want. It allows for real personal expression so don’t hold back. Go way beyond a simple ‘congratulations’ and share real feelings and thoughts. Just as if you were talking to the student - in the pub or at home!
- Add warmth & be sincere. A warm, sincere and heartfelt message is always a winner. When you show your personal side you make a real difference by showing the individual how genuine you are. Make full use of Thankbox’s video, image and GIF features to express your congratulations and why you’re so proud of what they’ve achieved.
- Be funny. Why not? Everyone loves a laugh. Recall relevant (not X-rated!) uni days events and situations that relate to your congratulations. There are bound to be some memories, events and incidents that can be immortalised forever and give everyone a giggle (or make them curl up with embarrassment).
- Don’t panic. With a Thankbox, you can edit your message right up to the very second before sending.
Remember, whatever you say will be warmly welcomed. Leaving university is a big step into the world. It’s great to know everyone’s congratulations and personal messages are kept for life with a Thankbox.
How easy is it to customise and manage my Thankbox?
Thankbox is designed from a customer viewpoint. So making changes, upgrading and managing a Thankbox is super easy - anytime right up to the point of sending.
From your dashboard as the organiser you can:
- Customise your Thankbox - backgrounds, titles, icons. Upgrading to Premium allows more customisation. Video in messages; raised collection pot ceiling; handcrafted backgrounds and a host of user uploaded customisations.
- Change the Thankbox send date.
- Decide who sees the collection pot amount.
- Create reminders. To either set up a Thankbox and for specific annual events.
- See what all those fab messages look like as the recipient.
- Copy and share the Thankbox sharing link.
Contributors to a Thankbox can:
- Change their message
- Change any GIF, photo or video (if Premium)
- Change their choice of font
- Add to collection contributions
And throughout the life of a Thankbox everyone is kept informed of progress all along.
What are the advantages of an online card compared to a traditional paper one?
Traditional cards are great on a one-to-one level. Anything more than that and they run into big limitations.
When a group - work team, friendship group, extended family, social clubs, church, voluntary group - wants to share best wishes, congratulations or any personal message a Thankbox is the best option.
Online, or virtual, cards are:
- Inclusive - everyone, anywhere in the world can add a message. An internet connection is all that's required. With nobody excluded, the card is so much more meaningful and valued.
- Efficient - click, create, share, customise, send. It takes seconds to invite people to add messages and contribute to the collection. A virtual card saves a huge amount of time and hassle.
- Unrestricted. No limit on contributions - there is no limit to the number of contributors or the length of their messages. No cramming tiny writing into what’s left of the space in a card. The Sir David Attenborough birthday public Thankbox is a great example. Thousands of people signed and shared their love and appreciation.
- Fun. A Thankbox features photos, GIFs and videos, different fonts and emojis. There is no restriction on anyone’s creativity. All guaranteed to make anyone feel brighter.
- Flexible. Messages can be edited, and collection pot contributions added to right up to the last second before sending.
- Forever. The unique Thankbox link is always live. An option to download as a PDF is available.
- Great value. One payment opens up a world of possibilities and creativity for online group cards. No sending fees, no extra costs. And with a Thankbox a collection pot comes as standard so no added organisation or duplication of effort.
- Share the cost. A Thankbox can be paid for from the gift collection amount if one is enabled. Fair to share.
- Environmentally friendly. A Thankbox is good for the planet. No emissions. 100% renewable electricity. No offices, no delivery or commute miles. No paper means no wasted energy, water, or chemical disposal. We also plant a tree for every 10 Thankboxes sold 🌲.
Only a Thankbox allows everyone, anywhere in the world to send personal messages, add to a collection and all without limits.
Is my Thankbox secure and private?
Only people with the sharing link can access a Thankbox and only to leave a message. Thankbox links are not visible to search engines.
Thankbox servers and software are secure and compliant with best practice security protocols. Online payment systems are compliant with regulatory standards.
Thankbox never shares any customer data collected with any external organisation. We've partnered with the best payment processing service to ensure maximum security of payment card details
Is a collection for a gift included with my Thankbox?
Yes it is.
Every Thankbox has a gift collection option included as standard.
It's optional because for some occasions it may not be appropriate. For others it absolutely is. For example a farewell card for a coworker will always need a collection. It makes no sense to go elsewhere for the collection.
- When you create your Thankbox all you do is click the ‘Add a gift card collection’ button and you’re all set.
- Decide too if you want to pay for the Thankbox from the collection pot.
- Everyone invited to leave a message can add to the collection pot at the same time. Saves everyone time and hassle.
- Not all online group card services provide a collection service.
- The majority of online cash collection services don't include a group or virtual greeting card.
Try it now
Create your Thankbox in just a minute - no need to register. Pay only once you're ready to send it.