Group together to offer your condolences and let them know you're all thinking of them.
Each message can include a photo, video or a GIF.
The recipient gets sent an e-card full of messages of support from the group.
Just create your Thankbox…
Set up your Thankbox for free - say who it’s from and who it’s for, decide a style, and select whether you want to collect for a gift. Get started with a feature-rich Classic Thankbox for just $5.99. You only need to pay when you're happy to send.
…share it with your group…
Share it with your group or team. Everyone adds their own messages, photos, videos or GIFs of choice. They can optionally add money to the gift collection.
…and send to your recipient!
Click 'send' and it'll wing its way to the recipient's email inbox. Any collected funds can be claimed as a prepaid card or gift card for any one of 700+ retailers.
Creating and adding messages to your Thankbox is free.
A classic Thankbox costs just $5.99 to send or schedule.
The easier way to celebrate someone
Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you can’t make someone feel special. Thankbox is perfect for any occasion where lots of lovely people want to celebrate one lucky person.
Our sustainability pledge
We care deeply about the planet, and we want to do our bit to preserve it for future generations. The more people use us, the more we can do, so each month:
Sending an online sympathy and condolences card has never been so easy
Let everyone provide comfort
Create. Share. Send. Three simple steps for everyone to share their condolences. Start in seconds and invite anyone, anywhere to add messages. With unlimited messages, when everyone’s included it means so much more.
Express your personal condolences
Share your group's condolences your own way. Customise backgrounds, change fonts and icons. Make messages personal with photos, videos and GIFs. Everyone can provide comfort in their own unique way.
A lifelong memory
A Thankbox online condolences card holds memories for the bereaved to cherish forever. Condolences are always a click away. The love and support from personal messages, photos, and videos are forever.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have more on our support page, so check that too if you can't find your answer here.
What’s the best way to offer condolences in a group sympathy card?
- Sympathy expressed through your personal connections is a great comfort.
- Insight into life outside the home is an immense help in the grieving process
- Know when to offer condolences - an understanding of the five stages of grief will be a good start point
- Be mindful of circumstances and context reinforces the nature of the group’s support
- Be true to the person and your relationship with them. This helps keep positive memories alive.
- Recalling special moments is a source of great comfort, especially in the longer term.
- A positive memory helps all cope with the loss. The bereaved and all those who knew, interacted with, and loved the person who has died.
A permanent reminder of an important part of the life of the loved one who has passed is of great value. Here's a resource that may give further insight into the best way to provide condolences as a group.
Someone passing away is a traumatic and private event. Is my online Thankbox group sympathy card private and secure?
What are the benefits of an online group sympathy card?
- Allows everyone to contribute, wherever they are in the world at the time of need. All that’s needed is an internet connection.
- The more that sign, the more authentic the condolences. This provides greater comfort and aids the healing process.
- Allows for complete freedom of expression. With no message or word limits a Thankbox doesn’t restrict anyone in what they want to say and how they say it.
- Provides for personal reflection. Video, photos and GIFs keep precious moments, memories and events alive.
- Lasts forever. A Thankbox is always there, a simple click away.
- If appropriate, provides a collection from the group as standard.
Is it easy to manage and customise my Thankbox sympathy card?
Thankbox is designed from a customer viewpoint. So making changes, upgrading and managing a Thankbox is super easy - anytime right up to the point of sending.
- Customise your Thankbox - backgrounds, titles, icons. Upgrading to Premium allows more customisation. Video in messages; raised collection pot ceiling; handcrafted backgrounds and a host of user uploaded customisations.
- Change the Thankbox send date.
- Decide who sees the collection pot amount.
- Create a reminder. Send an anniversary memorial Thankbox to the person bereaved to show you still remember and cherish time spent with the person passed.
- See what all those fab messages look like as the recipient.
- Copy and share the Thankbox sharing link.
- Change their message
- Change any GIF, photo or video (if Premium)
- Change their choice of font
- Add to collection contributions
Try it now
Create your Thankbox in just a minute - no need to register. Pay only once you're ready to send it.