Online engagement card & gift collection
Easily celebrate their engagement as a group. With Thankbox you do it all online, so everyone can join in, wherever in the world they are. Add some sparkle with a gift collection too.
Get started in 1 minute. Pay only when you're ready to send.
Creating and adding messages to your Thankbox is free.
A classic Thankbox costs just $5.99 to send or schedule.
The easier way to celebrate someone
Just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you can’t make someone feel special.
Thankbox is perfect for any occasion where lots of lovely people want to celebrate one lucky person.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have more on our support
page, so check that too if you can't find your answer here.
How do I organise and send an online engagement card?
When a couple announces their engagement it’s natural for everyone to want to share their congratulations and best wishes. What’s a pain is organising a card and collection for everyone to contribute to.
Not with Thankbox. As an online, digital engagement card it is super easy to create and invite everyone to contribute. It literally takes seconds. It means anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world can instantly contribute to the Thankbox.
It’s as simple as:
- Create. Get started with one click
- Add the couple’s name and give the card a title e.g. “congrats on your engagement”. Say who it’s from and then decide to pay up front or later.
- Choose whether to include a collection for a gift at this point.
- Share. Email the unique link to all those you want to contribute. Messages can include videos, photos, and GIFs.
- Customise. Change your background, icon, or edit the details.
- Send. When everyone has added their personal message check the recipient’s email address and click Send - to go immediately or schedule the delivery for a specific date.
That’s it. Your Thankbox virtual engagement card will be a lifelong memory for the engaged couple. Always a click away.
What to write in an engagement card?
Announcing an engagement is a big life step for any couple. It deserves a worthy celebration. However, with an online engagement card that has no limits like a Thankbox it can be tricky to know what to write that lives up to the occasion. And because a Thankbox engagement card is kept forever what you write and how will be a permanent reminder of the announcement. No pressure then!
No need to panic. Here are some broad tips on writing your message and what to include:
- Be happy! The couple have just made a huge announcement that sets their life on a path together. Mirror their joy and you can’t go wrong.
- Be funny. If you know the couple well then humour is as forever as diamonds. Recall moments of their life that will have them smiling into old age.
- Be personal. You have free rein to be yourself with a Thankbox. Friends, family and colleagues are all part of the tapestry of their life to date. They won’t want bland and repetitive messages that’s for sure..
- Remember - no rights or wrongs. There really are no different do’s and don’ts for a virtual card compared to a paper one. Perhaps be conscious of who else is writing to avoid any potential embarrassment. Especially if mixed generations are contributing.
- Toast away. In the same vein as being personal, make full use of video, images or GIFs to let them know how happy you are.
Whatever you write will no doubt be a hit. Memories are made and kept forever with a Thankbox, so hitting the note just right will be a source of great joy.
What are the advantages of an online card compared to a traditional paper one?
Traditional cards are great on a one-to-one level. Anything more than that and they run into big limitations.
When a group - work team, friendship group, extended family, social clubs, church, voluntary group - wants to share best wishes, congratulations or any personal message a Thankbox is the best option.
Online, or virtual, cards are:
- Inclusive - everyone, anywhere in the world can add a message. An internet connection is all that's required. With nobody excluded, the card is so much more meaningful and valued.
- Efficient - click, create, share, customise, send. It takes seconds to invite people to add messages and contribute to the collection. A virtual card saves a huge amount of time and hassle.
- Unrestricted. No limit on contributions - there is no limit to the number of contributors or the length of their messages. No cramming tiny writing into what’s left of the space in a card. The Sir David Attenborough birthday public Thankbox is a great example. Thousands of people signed and shared their love and appreciation.
- Fun. A Thankbox features photos, GIFs and videos, different fonts and emojis. There is no restriction on anyone’s creativity. All guaranteed to make anyone feel brighter.
- Flexible. Messages can be edited, and collection pot contributions added to right up to the last second before sending.
- Forever. The unique Thankbox link is always live. An option to download as a PDF is available.
- Great value. One payment opens up a world of possibilities and creativity for online group cards. No sending fees, no extra costs. And with a Thankbox a collection pot comes as standard so no added organisation or duplication of effort.
- Share the cost. A Thankbox can be paid for from the gift collection amount if one is enabled. Fair to share.
- Environmentally friendly. A Thankbox is good for the planet. No emissions. 100% renewable electricity. No offices, no delivery or commute miles. No paper means no wasted energy, water, or chemical disposal. We also plant a tree for every 10 Thankboxes sold 🌲.
Only a Thankbox allows everyone, anywhere in the world to send personal messages, add to a collection and all without limits.
Is my Thankbox secure and private?
Only people with the sharing link can access a Thankbox and only to leave a message. Thankbox links are not visible to search engines.
Thankbox servers and software are secure and compliant with best practice security protocols. Online payment systems are compliant with regulatory standards.
Thankbox never shares any customer data collected with any external organisation. We've partnered with the best payment processing service to ensure maximum security of payment card details
How easy is it to customise and manage my Thankbox?
Thankbox is designed from a customer viewpoint. So making changes, upgrading and managing a Thankbox is super easy - anytime right up to the point of sending.
From your dashboard as the organiser you can:
- Customise your Thankbox - backgrounds, titles, icons. Upgrading to Premium allows more customisation. Video in messages; raised collection pot ceiling; handcrafted backgrounds and a host of user uploaded customisations.
- Change the Thankbox send date.
- Decide who sees the collection pot amount.
- Create reminders. To either set up a Thankbox and for specific annual events.
- See what all those fab messages look like as the recipient.
- Copy and share the Thankbox sharing link.
Contributors to a Thankbox can:
- Change their message
- Change any GIF, photo or video (if Premium)
- Change their choice of font
- Add to collection contributions
And throughout the life of a Thankbox everyone is kept informed of progress all along.
Can I organise a collection for an engagement gift?
Yes you can!
Every Thankbox has a gift collection option included as standard.
It's optional because for some occasions it may not be appropriate. For others it absolutely is. For example a farewell card for a coworker will always need a collection. It makes no sense to go elsewhere for the collection.
- When you create your Thankbox all you do is click the ‘Add a gift card collection’ button and you’re all set.
- Decide too if you want to pay for the Thankbox from the collection pot.
- Everyone invited to leave a message can add to the collection pot at the same time. Saves everyone time and hassle.
- Not all online group card services provide a collection service.
- The majority of online cash collection services don't include a group or virtual greeting card.
Try it now
Create your Thankbox in just a minute - no need to register. Pay only once you're ready to send it.